September 17, 2013

Jack's Blankets

I had this brilliant idea somewhere between dream-land and cold-induced misery. And I need YOUR help to get it rolling!
*Here is Jack's story*
On my first Mother's Day, which we spent in the RAH NICU, every baby in the NICU received a baby blanket that had been donated by some ladies in the community. It was so good to feel like someone was thinking of us.

Then I started thinking of how often I think of our experience in the NICU, and the mothers that are right this second looking at their tiny, helpless baby (or babies!) wondering when they'll get to take this tiny piece of their heart home.
The NICU can be a very sterile and scary place. At times, it seems hopeless and never ending. I wanted to do something to give the parents hope and comfort.
Here comes the idea - blankets! Just like the one we were given. I want to collect enough blankets (100+) to give one to every baby in the RAH NICU for Jack's first birthday on March 25, 2014.

You can help us out by making a baby blanket! Any pattern, material, color, but please keep the size around 3 ft x 3 ft.
If you think you can support this fantastic cause, please join our Facebook group, Jack's Blankets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!