July 8, 2014

Mom Fails Confessions #2


From Facebook
Kyra confessed:  Sometimes when milo wakes up before his deemed "wake up time" I turn off the baby monitor and keep sleeping. I will never know how long he sits and talks/cries until he goes back sleep. Milo also lives off of cheese and fruit. He refuses to eat veggies or meat. He also loves ice coffee...

Rebecca said: I put Ian in his crib screaming because I can't handle it sometimes him being so grumpy. On the drive home from Raymond I gave him a little bit of tylenol because he was so upset crying from Raymond to Calgary almost non stop couldn't take it anymore.


From Babycenter.com March 2013
"I forgot a diaper after being at the waterpark.. So he went home in an extra swim diaper. And peed - everywhere!"

"When my son was a newborn and I was super sleep deprived I accidentally left the faucet in the bathroom sink on.. and it stopped draining. When I finally noticed the bathroom was flooded, every drawer in the vanity was full, and the basement was raining. My husband still hasn't let me live it down."

Dad fail! "I couldn't figure out why my kid was having such a hard time standing up! Finally I went to change his diaper, and both legs were through the same hole!"

"When little one was about four months my husband and I were leaving my parents house late at night to go home. We had just used the last diaper at their house but figured it didn't matter because we were going home anyways. We get into the car and realize it has no gas. We proceed to break down a couple blocks from my parents house. We get out our cell phones to call my parents to come pick the three of us up only to realize that both our phones are dead. So we get out of the car, put the baby in the stroller, and walk back to my parents house. When we get there we realize lo has decided it would be great time to explode her diaper. However, there were no more diapers to change her into at my parent's house. My dad luckily had a gas can and gave us gas to get us home. Lo had to wear a towel wrapped around her for the ride home. Talk about unprepared. I do, however, now always make sure there are enough diapers, gas in the car, and that my phone is charged before I go anywhere." *Duly noted*

"When mine was a newborn, I hadn't gotten the whole 'prepared diaper bag' thing down yet. So when she pooped at the docs office (I think her 1 month check up) I didn't have a spare.
When I took her with to my 6 week pp checkup, I was all prepared w extra diapers! Except during that visit, she peed THROUGH her sleeper. I had no spare clothes. Ugh.
Lessons learned!"

I certainly can attest to lessons learned. *sigh*. We don't go ANYWHERE without extra clothes, extra diapers (cloth and I leave disposables in the car, just in case), food (because a hungry baby is a miserable baby), and a sippy cup (because, believe me, there is nothing worse (or wetter) than being at the zoo in the 25C weather and realizing your left baby's cup in the car. 


3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, the top two comments are abuse. Coffee and letting your baby scream ??? Not cool. Shame on you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame on you for not having the balls to post your name. I know you're a Facebook friend of mine, so man up.

      Delete
    2. In any event, ABUSE? How dare you make light of child abuse? Giving her CHILD, not baby, a taste of her drink? There is caffeine in the allergy medication I give Jack. What are you going to do? Call CPS? And letting her baby cry? Like all babies do? And to let him do it in a SAFE PLACE where he can't be hurt?

      Let me enlighten you. I know Kyra. I love Kyra. She is an amazing mother who loves her son. Milo is smart and adorable and WELL CARED FOR.

      I know Rebecca as well. She is also a good mother who loves her baby. Ian is cute and happy and healthy.

      CHILD ABUSE would be not feeding a child. Hitting a child to stop the screaming. Leaving a child in a hot car on a hot day. Refusing to change a soiled diaper. I DO NOT CONDONE CHILD ABUSE.

      I've put Jack in his crib during tantrums because I know it is his safe place. I've give him sips of caffeinated drinks just to see his reaction. Does that make me an abuser? Absolutely not.

      You are a coward. For blindly accusing people of child abuse. For doing so anonymously. Get out from behind your computer screen. Go see the real world. Google "child abuse" and be shocked. Stop trolling my blog.

      Delete

I love comments!